Your privacy is extremely important to WSRC and we are fully committed to providing you with clear and transparent information about how we use your personal information. We value the trust you give us when sharing your personal information. We will ensure robust measures are in place to keep your information secure and will only use it for the purposes outlined in this policy.
WSRC (Watsonian Squash Rackets Club) is a member’s squash club located at Myreside Pavilion in Edinburgh.
WSRC uses Cognito Forms as a membership registration tool and Google drive to collect and store information about you.
Once you join WSRC, we will not make use of your data for any other purpose except in the following circumstances:
If you take part in any WSRC competitions, team events or club events (subject to meeting any required entry requirements);
If we require to contact you in regard to club business (including the club e-newsletter) ; and
For insurance and membership purposes as part of our membership of Scottish Squash.
- What information we collect about you;
- How we use your information for contractual purposes;
- How we use information about you for legitimate purposes;
- Other lawful reasons for using information about you;
- Other processing activities;
- Why we share information about you;
- Your rights in respect of your personal information; and
- What information we collect about you
When you register as a WSRC member or renew your membership we need to collect information about you. Some of this information is essential for us to provide your membership but it is your choice whether you provide all the information we have requested. Not providing information may affect our ability to provide all the benefits of membership to you.
- Your name and preferred title;
- Date of birth;
- Contact details (telephone, email and postal address);
- Previous clubs and whether you are a competitive player: and
- Your Proposer and Seconder.
How we use your information for contractual purposes
When you register as a member of WSRC, we need to use your personal information to provide the services to which you have subscribed. We will use your information to provide you with our core member services and other membership services that you request.
We will send your membership card by post if applicable but will normally send any essential membership service messages by email. Any communications will be relevant, timely and not excessive. We are not required to share any information about you with our insurers unless you make a claim or are a named party in an accident or incident that gives rise to a claim.
How we use information about you for legitimate purposes
We process personal information about you where we have a legitimate interest to do so. In some cases, this may require us to collect additional information from you or from other sources. The purposes include:
- To respond to your questions and support needs you raise in person or by telephone, email or letter or via our website;
- To invite you to participate in WSRC research;
- To invite you to a WSRC event; and
- To respond to complaints, concerns or allegations about anyone involved in the delivery of squash.
Other lawful reasons for using information about you
We may need to process information about you to comply with a legal or statutory obligation. This includes but is not limited to:
- As part of our response to any accident or incident in a WSRC regulated environment; and
- Accounting, auditing, compliance and administration practices.
We may also need to share limited personal information with the following organisations where it is necessary to provide the services you have requested or where we are required or authorised to do so by law.
- Statutory/regulatory authorities and other organisations;
On occasion, it may be necessary to share information with bodies such as the Health & Safety Executive (HSE), Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), Disclosure Scotland and the Police or Social Services. We may also share information with other relevant organisations to safeguard children. Any information that is shared will be strictly limited to what is required to ensure children are protected from harm and will be carried out in accordance with the law and relevant government guidance;
- Professional and legal advisors; and
- External Service providers who are contracted to provide specific services on behalf of WSRC.
Your rights in respect of your personal information
Accessing your personal information
- You have the right to see the personal information we hold about you. This is called a Data Subject Access Request (DSAR).
- You can also request a copy of any other personal information that we hold by writing to us at the address at the end of this policy. Alternatively, if you agree, we will try to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need over the telephone.
If we do hold information about you, we will:
- Describe the information we hold and tell you why we are holding it;
- Tell you who it could be shared with; and
- Provide you with a copy of the requested information in an easy-to-understand format.
Rectification and erasure
If we do hold information about you, you can ask us to correct or amend any inaccurate or incomplete information by contacting us in writing at the address at the end of this policy. We will either make the requested amendments or provide an explanation as to why we are not making changes.
We will retain your personal data only as necessary to provide the services to which you have subscribed. At your request or if you do not renew your membership within two years, unless you ask us not to, we will delete any information that we no longer have a legitimate reason to retain.
We need to retain sufficient information about you in the event of an insurance claim in the future so that we can identify you and confirm that you held membership for the relevant period. We may need to retain other information to comply with legal or statutory requirements. As the reason for retaining certain types of information varies, the retention periods can vary significantly.
Please contact us directly if you require further information on specific retention periods.
We keep our privacy notices under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 1st May 2018
How to contact us
Myreside Pavilion, Myreside Road, Edinburgh